๐Ÿ””Alerts
Login to get notifications!
๐Ÿ—จ๏ธForum

๐ŸŽž๏ธMovies & TV

๐ŸŒJunk

๐Ÿ”
Search keywords
Joinโž• Now!   or       ๐Ÿ”ฝ Forgot Password?

Oct '15 *

Italian Exploitation of the 70's and 80's can be a bit iffy. Sometimes boring, for the most part, entertaining. Usually, in a "so bad, it's good" kind of way. And of course, the inevitable ripping off of popular ideas from far more creative and talented non-Italians. I recently watched a film called Hell of The Living Dead. AKA, Virus, this cheesy zombie epic was directed by none other than... Continue »

Oct '15 *
It's been described as a "pure giallo".
Much more subtle than what I'm used to, and I found it disappointing for a long time.
It's kind of special, despite not being violent, or dark in an atmospheric sense.
Has an excellent car-chase scene, and pretty sturdy dialogue, especially at the end. 6.5/10

๐Ÿ’ฌ1 ๐Ÿšธ ๐Ÿ‘€608

Oct '15
I know half of us are bat shit crazy but for some reason, Flordites get lumped with the the most batshittiest. I live in Florida, I know Troma does, who else from here lives in the the big FL?

๐Ÿ’ฌ7 ๐Ÿšธ ๐Ÿ‘€1.1k

Oct '15
There are plenty of things to be said about this movie, from all kinds of different perspectives. But, I just wanted to say, Good Lord, the shots in Florence are spectacular. What a beautiful city. Yes, I know, I am not the first one to think Florence is beautiful, but still, wow. Maybe the Ridley Scott director's touch made it even more beautiful, if that is even possible...

Anyway, I found this blog. Someone visited the spots where they filmed those scenes (and the other scenes too).... Continue »

๐Ÿšธ ๐Ÿ‘€142

Oct '15
I guess it is POSSIBLE that this is not the beginning of the zombie apocalypse, but.... no, I'm not buying that. This is The Big One. It has to be.
https://www.foxnews.com/travel/2015/10/19/brazilian-man-bites-passenger-on-irish-aircraft-collapses-and-dies-woman/?cmpid=edpick&google_editors_picks=true

๐Ÿ’ฌ1 ๐Ÿšธ ๐Ÿ‘€190

Oct '15
I had a total of one person ask me for this, so I spent the last 3 weeks working on it. It took longer than I expected it to, working out the kinks for the turn-based stuff, but I learned a few new coding tricks along the way.

It's very basic, but it works... on some browsers.
https://trashepics.com/chess/ Continue »

๐Ÿ’ฌ14 ๐Ÿšธ ๐Ÿ‘€1.4k

Oct '15 *
if any of you guys ever want to see a new city, I'm just going to give Boston a plug here. This weekend (it changes a little, but it's pretty much always in October) they have the "Head of the Charles" Regatta.
https://www.hor.org/the-regatta/schedule/]

That means boat races. Lots and lots and lots of boats. The first time I saw it, I was like "you have got to be fucking kidding me, there is no way this measly little river is wide enough for all those boats," but somehow they pull it of... Continue »

๐Ÿ’ฌ1 ๐Ÿšธ ๐Ÿ‘€260

Jun '15 *
image Jeremy Saulnierโ€™s sophomore effort just so happens to be one of the best revenge thrillers of recent years. This guy really came out of nowhere and has a great career ahead of him! As with Murder Party (2007), it has a low budget (was successfully crowdfunded!), and is a competently made film. It takes a grounded, serious approach to its subject matter, which is all for the best.

The film follows Dwight... Continue »

Oct '15 *

For those of us who love gory and extreme films, there's always that one that finally does it for you. After watching this film, nothing ever seems quite as extreme as it would have, otherwise. Watch enouugh of these movies, and eventually, you will come across one which will desensitize you. Not everyone can put their finger on exactly which movie finally did it for them. But Me? I'm certain I was offici... Continue »

Oct '15 *
I am watching House (87) right now and this old Hellraiser trailer is on it and it has a great vibe. I remember seeing this trailer in the theater when I was a kid (I think it was when I saw Predator in the theater). Anyway, this scared the fucking shit out of me. I didn't end up seeing Hellraiser until I lived next to a Video Store in my 20's)

youtube

๐Ÿšธ ๐Ÿ‘€583

Oct '15
1. I do 2-4 sinus rinses every weekend.

2. I use food thermometers for my TV dinners.

3. I kill every black widow I see, even if it's on neutral ground (behind a store, etc.)

*Confession: One of them isn't actually true (yes, it's the middle one).

๐Ÿ’ฌ6 ๐Ÿšธ ๐Ÿ‘€486

Oct '15
I just found this, I haven't even listened to it yet. I hope it doesn't suck.
youtube

Oct '15
This is really cool. A 1971 radio broadcast of WotW. Listen to the intro too, it's really interesting.
youtube

๐Ÿ‘1 ๐Ÿšธ ๐Ÿ‘€90

Oct '15 *
Surprisingly, we haven't had one of these here yet, so here goes! The imdb folk will be familiar with this thread, as there have been 487 thousand of them on the horror board, but they never last long because some ugly fuck gets mad jelly at how many good looking peeps there are and reports it frantically (probably while jerking off to it), and alas, it's always inevitably deleted. Not to worry, for Trash Epics is secure!

NO JOKE REPLIES. You think you're being funny, but you're really just making us roll our eyes. It's like that joke that's been told a hundred times before and you're sick of hearing it. Don't do it. Continue »

๐Ÿ’ฌ72 ๐Ÿšธ ๐Ÿ‘€3.9k

Oct '15 *
Da rape scene wuz hot. I wish there wuz more.

But seriously, it was much better than the original sequel, imo.
It's probably one of the better 2000's sequels, and is often overlooked. 6/10

๐Ÿ’ฌ4 ๐Ÿšธ ๐Ÿ‘€1.1k

Oct '15
I always thought ''Master of Puppets'' was overrated, with the exception of itself (title track), and the next two tracks.
Welcome home (Sanitarium) is my all-time fave ballad.
This is probably due to the fact that I've been institutionalized 4 times, so it hits close to...home.
Do you have a favorite ballad, and is there a personal reason?

๐Ÿ’ฌ5 ๐Ÿšธ ๐Ÿ‘€404

Oct '15
Paul W.S. Anderson has made some crap films over the years, but he really made something special with Event Horizon. Sure, it borrows from Alien, The Shining, Forbidden Planet, Solaris and even Hellraiser, but it still manages to come across as its own beast and a damn creepy one at that. Sam Neil's transformation is an acting masterclass. I love it.

๐Ÿ’ฌ5 ๐Ÿšธ ๐Ÿ‘€1.3k

Oct '15 *
Which zombie TV series do you prefer? I prefer Z Nation myself because it's a lot more fun and isn't so damn brooding like The Walking Dead is. Okay so it's produced by Asylum films, known for all their shitty mockbusters and it airs on SyFy, a channel that lost all credibility years ago, but it's better than you'd expect if you go in with an open mind. It knows it's cheap and rolls with it. Episodes tend to go ridiculously over the top, but that's why it's so much fun. There aren'... Continue »

๐Ÿ’ฌ3 ๐Ÿšธ ๐Ÿ‘€1.2k

Oct '15
Holy schla fucking MOLY. You guys would not believe this. This graphic novel was displayed right at the eye level of toddlers, in a library where I volunteer. It was even in the childrens section, with the picture books (like Curious George, Frances the Badger, etc).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013J939EM?keywords=vlad%20the%20impaler%20sid&qid=1443931430&ref_=sr_1_3&s=books&sr=1-3

The author and illustrator talk about it, here:
https://www.graphicnovelreporter.com/authors/sid-j... Continue »

๐Ÿšธ ๐Ÿ‘€239

Oct '15
I recently saw The Ghost (1963), and saw She Beast (66) a year ago, was pleased with both.

The Ghost-6/10
She Beast-6/10

๐Ÿ’ฌ2 ๐Ÿšธ ๐Ÿ‘€283

Oct '15
Have you ever been to a horror bar? I bet that would be a lot of fun. I don't think one exists in my city. https://popcornhorror.com/horror-themed-bars/

๐Ÿ’ฌ8 ๐Ÿšธ ๐Ÿ‘€341

Aug '15
I want to check out good Eurocrime flicks, predominantly from the 70's. Any recs?

๐Ÿ’ฌ11 ๐Ÿšธ ๐Ÿ‘€1.5k

May '14 *

Scum of the Earth. What a title! I love it when movies are so blunt in their names, so eye catching. You almost want to rent them based on the title alone. Movies like I Spit on Your Grave and Cannibal Holocaust share a similar feeling of disgust when you first hear them. Itโ€™s enough to blindly rent them, hoping the titles are an indicator on how good the movie is, and simply not false advertisement (cough, Zebub, cough).

Scum of the Eart... Continue »

Aug '14 *

Frankie Dunlan isn't doing so well. Living in extreme poverty in Staten Island, New York with his homely sow of a wife who's a dick to him due to the fact that she originally thought she was marrying into money. Not quite, Miss America. The happy couple have also been blessed with a depressed-looking freak baby with, who brightens their days and nights with it's constant, freaky sounding crying that probably gives them both nightmares. Although, impregnating that woman must have been the biggest nightmare of all. so, again. Frankie Dunlan isn't doing so well.

Oh, and he's also pretty fucked in the head from his longer than expected stay in good 'ol Vietnam as a tortured P.O.W. So, on top of whatever damage that brought on, the poor, out-of-work bastard can't afford any of the comforts of home, including food, so, nobody's eating any time soon. Not to mention rent's due. Time to get out there and look for work, and hopefully not run into the crime boss whom he owes alot of money. But this just isn't Frankie's day. So, you know the worst is inevitable. Continue »

@ am
You have reached the end of Trash Epics.