🔔Alerts
Login to get notifications!
🗨️Forum

🎞️Movies & TV

🌐Junk

🔍
Search keywords
Join➕ Now!   or       🔽 Forgot Password?

Aug '15 *

The 70's were full of B-Horror flicks. Some of which have managed to gain a certain level of notoriety over the years., which has landed a few of them cult classic status. The films which we are gong to talk about are hardly classics of any type. Prior to the digital age, I suppose they were more like cult obscurities than anything. But ever since Something weird Video relea... Continue »

👍3 💬10 🚸 👀1.4k

Nov '15
No one can do it better than John Cleese. It's at 3:10 in this clip.
youtube

👍2 🚸 👀141

Nov '15
...is the thing of fairy tales. I don't believe in it, because people don't understand it as well as the movies do. What romances in film do you find the most endearing? Continue »

👍3 💬4 🚸 👀415

Nov '15
Something outside of Trash Epics that they post their random thoughts on? Blogspot? Wordpress?

I was toying with RSS feeds again, and I've added some of our user's blogs to the TE news feed. Namely @damn_cyborg and @deadandburied. All this does is simply link to the posts of these unaffiliated blogs so they'll get more exposure. If for some stupid reason you don't want your blog linked, I'll remove it.

👍2 💬9 🚸 👀413

Nov '15
...in my entire life. And when I say "great", I mean absolutely horrible in every way. Loaded with stock footage, horrible special effects, awful dubbing, retarded fight choreography, and tons of CGI blood, this movie is pure bullshit. But if you love poop as much as I do, watch the full movie on youtube.

(Not) directed by Saint James Street James, the brilliant mind who brought us Poolboy: Drowning Out the Fury.
https://trashepics.com/forum/460/

👍2 💬6 🚸 👀591

Nov '15
https://trashepics.com/post/45/15/

I'd mostly watched a bunch of films I've already seen a dozen times before, and several times during the month at that. All my first-time viewings were pretty lame too, but that's to be expected when a chunk of them are Children of the Corn sequels. emoticon

The only FTVs I had worth mentioning are:

I Spit on Your Grave 3 - Unconventional sequel that does something new with the franchise. Not necessarily anything great, but still pretty damn ente... Continue »

Feb '15 *

I hadn’t known it, but apparently this is a thing. The low budget Deutsch gore epic, an effects-driven extension of the slasher (??) wherein characters wander into frame simply to get disfigured in some disgusting way... these cruel movies must be labors of love since their independent crews go to such extremes to convey borderline-comic brutality on clearly homespun budgets. It feels like a sub-subgenre totally distant to... Continue »

👍3 💬2 🚸 👀1.7k

Oct '15
I know remakes are the devil and all, but are there any horror films you feel would benefit from one? Perhaps because it was a good concept poorly executed or because they haven't aged well? Any reason really

💬8 🚸 👀1.7k

Oct '15
youtube

Might not be the best movie in the world but it difently has the best fat chick running in slo-mo thru a door that I have ever seen.

💬6 🚸 👀2.2k

Sep '15 *
I (just now) changed my IMDb username to "SoapboxQuantez8".
I did this in honor of the western, but will probably opt to keep it this way permanently.
This is all I have ATM.

👍2 💬5 🚸 👀3.6k

Oct '15
I watch it every November 1st.
The only thing I like about the first is the theme music, which is quite suspenseful.

In the original, the couple's constant feuding actually kept the film from having significant character development, imo. It didn't hurt that the sequel has a third main character.
This one seem more gritty and realistic, and
by the time Jessica finds her friend dead, there's a vulnerability the first one never reached.
My two cents.

Vacancy... Continue »

💬3 🚸 👀430

Nov '15
I think we should come up with some new disgusting or ridiculous sex phrases. What's keeping us from inventing the new "Hot Carl" or "Dog in a Bathtub?"

So, here's the challenge. One person will start with a random, made-up phrase and the next person will respond with a corresponding meaning to the term. Then offer a new random term of their own, to be defined by the next creative person.

I will start.
You come up with a meaning for this:

"Soupcan Leftovers"

💬2 🚸 👀864

Feb '15 *
The time has come... Obama tried to stop us. Putin tried to stop us. ISIS tried to stop us... But when the smoke settled and the bodies were counted and the STD tests had come back clear (mostly), we strong few stood victorious - free to recommend violent, sleazy, weird, fucked-up movies to each other. Twas a time that would become known throughout the aeons as... The 1st Official Trash Epics Rec Challenge!

"But AlcoholicNinja, what the fuck is The 1st Official Trash Epics Rec Challenge a... Continue »

👍2 💬12 🚸 👀2.5k

Jan '15
image I fucking love the Terminator series. I grew up with the first two films almost always in my VCR and I became obsessed. Despite allegations of extremely stupid, incompetent storylines and plot twists being shoe-horned into this Hollywood mistake in the making, I'm still fairly excited to see Terminator Genisys, because Schwarzenegger is the fucking man, and if anything can save this film from sucking a big one, he can.

I gather my intel about this movie from a really shitty, biased source (IMDB's message board https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1340138/board/ ), but the data remains consistent: John is the villain, time travel paradoxes are up the wazoo, the casting for Kyle Reese is atrocious, they just had to add a more advanced villain, and they're still just trying to cash-in on the first two films. I feel like a machine could write a better story. And that's where this thread becomes relevant...

As webmaster here, I work with basic web code obviously. It's simple, but it has a lot of options. I tend to experiment a lot with it, and I'm considering building my own Skynet... or Trashnet... or whatever sounds halfway decent. I really have no purpose for an artificial intelligence, nor do have the faintest clue on how to program that, but it's an interesting concept to entertain. Continue »

💬6 🚸 👀1.5k

Oct '15
In the 2003 Dawn of the Dead, CJ the security guard leader says to the character played by Jake Weber, "the plan is, you drink a nice tall glass of shut the fuck up."

I also like the scene in "There's Something About Mary" where the dad says "don't make me open up a can of whup-ass."

Also, sort of near where I live, there is a highway in New Hampshire called the Kancamagus Highway. Based on that, some kids used to have a joke that if you kissed a girl who was ugly, you had taken a rid... Continue »

💬12 🚸 👀780

Oct '15 *

As far as foreign language films go, I prefer them dubbed as opposed to the subtitles. Which, from what I understand, puts me in the minority, as most fans seem to find the fake voices "distracting". You know what's REALLY distracting? Having to watch a movie in a language you don't understand while reading the English script. If you think that makes me lazy, then shove it up your ass. I do like a few subtitled flicks, Jean R... Continue »

👍3 💬7 🚸 👀641

Aug '15
I watch WWE weekly out of habit, but sometimes I delve deeper and go through wrestling phases where it's the only thing I watch (if you don't see me on movie forums for a week it's because I'm watching wrestling).

If so which companies do you watch and who are your favorite wrestlers?

💬10 🚸 👀3.8k

Jan '15
Anyone a fan? I'm hoping to try some acid soon, myself...

Sep '15
You know, that one movie that no matter how many times you see it, you get sucked in every goddamn time?! Continue »

👍1 💬9 🚸 👀458

Oct '15
Those ideas don't seem to connect.

I like certain christian websites, music, and movies. But no, I'm not christian.
Side note: One of my Christian cousins has always believed Criss Angel made a deal w/the devil.
True story.

💬11 🚸 👀945

Oct '15 *

All good things must come to an end. And in 1972, Herschell Gordon Lewis, the creator of the gore film, and innovator of graphic violence in cinema, had his last hurrah. Well, atleast his last one for a very, very long time. More on that, later, but unaware to Lewis at the time, this would be it for his active film career. And despite my opinions on this film, I have to admit, the old man went out with a bang. The Gore Gore Girls is a first i... Continue »

Oct '15
One day you will die.

💬6 🚸 👀1.7k

Jan '17 *

Film adaptations of TV shows rarely work. And vice versa. It's just two different worlds of mainstream entertainment which have their own separate formulas. But to attempt a big screen version of a soap opera, in my humble opinion, is usually a lost cause. Dan Curtis, creator of the popular gothic horror soap, Dark Shadows, attempted a film adaptation a year earlier, with House Of Dark Shadows. A retelling of the origina... Continue »

👍1 💬5 🚸 👀1.1k

Oct '15 *
Has anyone heard anything about this? IMDB says it will be released on Halloween, but I haven't seen anything that supports that claim.

💬7 🚸 👀1.1k

@ am
You have reached the end of Trash Epics.