๐Ÿ””Alerts
Login to get notifications!
๐Ÿ—จ๏ธForum

๐ŸŽž๏ธMovies & TV

๐ŸŒJunk

๐Ÿ”
Search keywords
Joinโž• Now!   or       ๐Ÿ”ฝ Forgot Password?

Jul '14
Part 1

Way back in 2007, Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino's plan to create a double feature emulating trashy '70s B-movies was quite a novelty. Since then, the idea has become as far from a novelty as you can get. In the wake of Grindhouse, a fucking motherfuckton of exploitation homages have been jizzed on to the eyeballs of horror-loving audiences. Throwbacks are now about as original as found-footage flicks. Most of them are pre-packaged cult films, frustratingly filled... Continue »

๐Ÿšธ

Epic Post Award

Jul '14 *
Add a post that's flat-out awesome.

๐Ÿšธ

Found (2012)

Jul '14 *
I recently heard about this movie a few days ago. Slasherfan85 kindly mentioned this movie to have one messed up ending. Which was a sure fire signal to me that I might be interested in checking it out. And if that didn't sell me, than the fact that it's banned in my home country sure did. When will film classification boards learn, banning something isn't going to prevent people from seeing it, it's only going to entice them to see it more. Continue »

Jul '14
I tend to like bad movies. Often times, there is something highly amusing and quirky about them. I found Elves Delighftul, I found The Abomination hilarious, and I found Shatter Dead not as shithouse as I should have found it. All in all, I tend to enjoy bad movies.
Then I saw this piece of shit. Fuck me dead, I hate you Chester Novell Turner. I hate you so very, very much.

Okay, so you're probably thinking, it's not THAT bad surely? I must be giving it a bum rep. Well, see how long you can... Continue »

๐Ÿšธ

Squirm (1976)

Jul '14
I hate worms. Slimy and gross little things, the way they move gives me the heebie jeebies. Fortunately in my experience, I haven't encountered too many of the little bastards, only the occasional one or two while gardening. One or two I can handle, but hundreds of thousands is another story entirely. If nothing else, Squirm is a very accurate title, cos I was sure squirming in my seat.

The plot is about a boy fro... Continue »

Jun '14
I got bored yesterday, so I decided to make a wiki for the site. Yes, our very own Trash Encyclopedia! Hopefully, we can all have some fun with this.

Users can now anonymously add and edit pages on the site's wiki. These pages can be about anything us trash addicts might find interesting, and should be presented in a well-structured and informative way. Continue »

Jun '14 *
Which of these does not belong? Continue »

๐Ÿšธ

New Videos?

May '14
I'm waiting for a day off to take my next step in making more videos. I'm just getting really antsy to do something beyond what I've been doing. It's been almost 2 years since I made my last video, Terrible Things!

If only I had some acid, I could get that artistic epiphany I've been waiting for that makes my ideas cum alive (the electricity that builds my redneck Frankenstein), but I'm just going to have to trust myself, and start production on my first film: an extremely short, rushed, and dastardly film about cowboys, salesmen, killer dicks, and necrophiliacs in the American south. The shooting script for Gutter Film https://trashepics.com/forum/560/ will commence writing this month, due for a release this October.

Now that I've said it, I can't take it back. I'm obligated!

Jun '14
It's common knowledge that Halloween: Resurrection is worthless. The seventh installment of the Halloween franchise ended beautifully, coming full circle, and saying all there was to say about Halloween, and the character of Michael Myers. An unnecessary sequel was shat out, tainting the validity of a series that had just received proper closure, and demeaned its antagonist, it's protagonist, and the franchise as a whole. It could never be the same, and ultimately became the unwanted epilogue to a series which once had standards. Continue »

Jun '14
Michael Myers... the 6-year-old boy who killed his sister one Halloween night, and returned 15 years later to haunt the town of Haddonfield, on and off, for 20 years to come. His story has become legendary among locals, who live in fear every time the autumn comes along, for with it, comes the harvest.

The character is a mystery, and the attempts to prescribe an M.O. and rationale to his actions resulted in a cluttered plot of curses, cults, and coincidences. The Thorn storyline was discontinued for a good reason. It was excessive, and demeaning to the mystique of a character that relies on the lack of a motive. The attempt to explain him ultimately results in the demeaning of his effect.

To wipe the slate clean, H20 came along as a reunion and bookend to the series, coming full circle, and providing a new light on the character of Michael Myers through his relationship with his sister. Ignoring the sequels between 2 and 7 is an unfortunate casualty that remains unaccounted for, but it presents us with a theoretical approach into the mindset of Michael, humanizing him more so in one film than any sequel ever could, while keeping us entirely without blatant explanations like H6 failed to convey logically. Continue »

Jun '14
I was talking to @Ballz the other day about what my original intentions were for the media section of the site. It wasn't to rip-off the IMDB forum system with a board for each movie... it was so I could it randomly select a movie for me, so I don't have to sit in front of my dvd shelves and waste 90 minutes trying to figure out which movie to watch. Yes, that shit happens!

Writing a program to do that is so easy, I just decided to build upon it more and more, as everything on this site is just one little experiment after another. If you're reading this, you ought to know by now that you can influence this site and help build the garbage dump that is Trash Epics.

Somehow or another, me and @Ballz got on the subject of lists. I forgot about lists, but apparently, everybody loves lists, so I added lists. Continue »

๐Ÿšธ

Blood Harvest

May '14
So I'm watching the Truman Show(1998) and I saw Peter Krause from six feet under and started wondering what else he was in when I came across Blood Harvest(1987). Has anyone seen it?

๐Ÿšธ

Mullet Guy

Apr '14
Mullet Guy is my hero. He was in Zombie Bloodbath, a wonderful movie from Todd Sheets, and has the best mullet I've ever laid eyes on. And although he meets a heroic end at the hands of a bunch of zombies surrounding him on a bridge, his soul lives on inside all of us. His death allows for our band of heroes to escape the horde of zombies, so his noble sacrifice was not in vain. Still, his death made me weep like no other movie before. I dream of him every night.

Who else appreciates this ma... Continue »

May '14 *
Do you remember what it was like to be a child? Full of innocence and dreams. It was a simpler time back then. A time where we had no responsibilities and our imaginations ran wild. Santa was real, the Easter Bunny was your best friend and monsters on the tv were evil bastards that had every capability of killing us in our beds. Itโ€™s no coincidence many horror fans loved the genre as children as well, because everything felt more real when we were kids. How many of you were afraid that Freddy... Continue »

May '14
So the few of you reading this are probably wondering why I've got such a raging hardon for Spring Breakers. It's Britney Spears meets Scarface, right? How does that even work? Is it one half gansta, one half pop star? You're damn right it is, and the result is a beautifully haunting portait of big dreams and big heartache on Spring break. Continue »

May '14
After Gummo, then Julien Donkey-Boy, then to the culmination of it all that is Trash Humpers, I began to consider that Harmony only did ghetto trashy films, until I heard what his next movie would be: the bright and cheery gangsta pop ballad, "Spring Breakers" with all those Disney actresses hanging out with a pimped out James Franco. I didn't know what to expect with that, so I anxiously awaited the release of it on home video, because even with said cast, a Harmony Korine movie couldn't possibly get anything more than a limited theatrical release. He's simply too non-Hollywood in his conventions to fly that way. Harmony Korine movies didn't have stories. (Did they?)

Cut to Summer of 2013. At this point in my life, I still find myself aimless, unsure of what I want to do, or who I want to be... This world ain't built with me in mind, so how do I do it? How do I find the answer that I'm looking for, the answer that I need? I smoke myself retarded, then I drink and smoke more weed. Finally, Spring Breakers, and I'm moved beyond belief.

TO BE CONTINUED...

May '14
Harmony Korine is a director I really admire. He changed the way I look at film not once, but twice. In 1997, he made Gummo. What an experience that was... It's not a conventional narrative at all. It's a collage of random artistic scenes of everyday life in white trash suburbia.

Most people can think of America and see New York City, or Hollywood celebrities, but the America I think of is poor, hopeless people born into desperate living, and dealing with it. Harmony Korine's work suggests optimism even under the worst conditions, and he does it by turning it into art. You might think "art" is good and all, but it's not going to pay the bills, but you know what? Art does pay the bills, when it's good enough to inspire you in any way.

When I watch Gummo, I see a reflection of myself, in the sense that my life isn't much better than this, but it's all in your outlook, and how you want to perceive things. Harmony Korine makes an ugly situation very mesmerizing, and when it's pretty, and honest... then somehow, it doesn't seem so bad...

May '14 *
image image

Fanโ€™s of the extreme and macabre would no doubt know this manโ€™s name. You might even recognize his face from Eli Rothโ€™s Hostel which was totally disappointing (well not really, but yeah kinda, anyone else expecting something more extreme from Hostel?....Anyone?.... ANYONE????!!!). But I do love the visual reference, having Takashi Miike attached to any project will no doubt spring interest! Continue »

May '14
This must be some new fangled release poster - conforming to all the modern poster problems.

This one is the best, IMO.

๐Ÿšธ

True crime stuff.

by Ballz

Apr '14 *
image I've always been fascinated by true crime stuff. TV shows looking for tips on crimes, movies based on real life crimes, documentaries about crimes, even stuff online like Wikipedia's https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unsolved_deaths . I think it's one of the reasons why I decided to go with a giallo for my novel, because it involves mystery and trying to figure out who the killer is. Continue »

May '14
In 1988 British journo Jonathan Ross hosted this documentary series on Channel 4 in the UK. In it he featured films and film makers outside the mainstream - as an impressionable 11 year old, I was at once intruiged and unsure of these 'underground' masterpieces.

To be perfectly honest, more than a few of them bored me at the time - what with some of the featured films not containing Terminators, Predator... Continue »

May '14
Today, I attended Texas Frightmare Weekend. As with most conventions, people want to hear stories about celebrities, to see what these celebrities are actually like. I had no bad experiences this or any other year I've attended, which is awesome, but this year, things seemed to go very smoothly. Continue »

May '14 *

It's been far too long since we basked in the splendour of a new work of art from filmmaker/singer/philanthropist Barry J. Gillis. There was that Wicked World movie he worked on for like 20 years that remains almost entirely unseen. Then there was the music video for the haunting masterpiece Road to Sadness, in which Barry J. Gillis sang, acted and directed. I believe he even made the sandwiches for the catering. I bet they tasted... Continue »

May '14
A trash what? Well, a trash "zone" is just an area we designate on the site for random things that don't necessarily need to relate to anything we normally discuss here on the site (but it very well can if you want it to). Any user can have one, and it can serve whatever purpose you want it to, and it will be coded and styled to your needs.

Think of it as your own mini-website, that you don't have to build.
Limited time only. Continue »

@ am
You have reached the end of Trash Epics.